Monday, March 27, 2006

why Coccaglio??

Coccaglio is a tiny little town, which is located between Milano and Verona. It is located in the area called Franciacorta. This is not a town on the tourist path but a special town where my dear friend Katia lives.

During my first trip to Europe back in 1999 in Vernazza (Cinque Terre) Italy, I sat waiting for the train to arrive on a cement bench next to this nice couple, Katia and Guido. Lucky for me, the train was running an hour late. During that time, we struck up a conversation, exchanged emails, and rode together once the train arrived to La Spezia where we were both making connections.

We kept in touch through email and the following year, Katia met me in Verona and took me to her house where I spent the night. Our friendship has grown over the years and each time that I have returned to Italy (except my trip to Sicily), I have stayed with Katia and her family. This will be my 5th stay with Katia & her family.

AND...there is exciting news to share - Katia and Guido will be married this December!

 This is Katia's house. Check out her mom's beautiful flowers!

 Prosciutto and melone - first course of an amazing lunch at Katia's.

 Delicious pasticcinni for dessert from the local pasticceria in town.

 The center of Coccaglio.

 The church in Rovato where Katia & Guido will marry.

No comments: