Sunday, March 26, 2006

info on Bergamo

Since it has been raining FOREVER here in Hawaii, I thought I would spend some time posting info on each place that I plan to visit. I am starting with Bergamo as this will be my first stop after landing in Milano. This will be where I recover from my jetlag. Bergamo is a town which is divided into 2 areas - Città Bassa (lower town) which is the modern part of Bergamo and Città Alta(upper town or high town) where you will find most of the historic buildings and tourist sights. To reach Bergamo Città Alta, you can take a funivia (funicular).

This is a picture of Piazza Vecchia and Torre Civica (the tower) 
in Bergamo Città Alta.

 
 Behind the piazza, you will find the amazing Duomo.

Here is a view of Bergamo from the top of the tower (228 steps up).

While wandering through Bergamo, you will find many windows filled with delicious little treats to satisfy any need.
I will be staying at Hotel Agnello d'Oro while in Bergamo. CLICK HERE to see a link to reviews on this hotel with a few pictures (Hotel Agnello d'Oro does not have it's own website). Scroll down towards the bottom to read the reviews.

No comments: