Monday, May 1, 2006

info on Lerici

Since I have never been to Lerici, I do not have any photos to share but I can tell you a little about Lerici from what I have read and share some websites.

Lerici is a resort town located on the southern part of the Ligurian Coast also known as the Italian Riviera. It is nicknamed the Bay of Poets because Byron, Shelley and Keats all hung out here. Lerici is not on the train line but can be reached by local bus from La Spezia.

I will be staying at the Doria Park Hotel. This is my "splurge" hotel as I have reserved a deluxe room with balcony and sea view.

I do not feel comfortable linking personal websites and so the only site where I could find pictures is the Commune di Lerici website which is only in Italian. You don't need to read the page though, just click on each picture for a better view.

No comments: